Bangda fish is a popular choice for seafood lovers because of its firm flesh and distinctive flavor. In this article, we will learn the art of making mouth-watering Bangada Fish Fry that is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Get ready to enhance your culinary skills and delight your taste buds with this delicious recipe.
The Magic of Bangada Fish
Before we get into the recipe, let’s talk a little about why bangda fish is so special. Mackerel, known as Bangra in some parts of India, is a nutrient-rich fish that is rich in essential vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids.Its firm texture makes it ideal for frying, as it holds up well during cooking. Additionally, Bangda fish has a distinctive flavor profile that is both tangy and satisfying. When prepared as a fry, it turns into a crunchy, savory delight that’s hard to resist.
Table of Contents
Ingredients You’ll Need for Bangada Fish Fry
For the perfect Bangada fish fry, gather the following ingredients:
- Bangada Fish (Mackerel) – 4 medium-sized pieces
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon Juice – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Rice Flour – 2 tablespoons (for extra crispiness)
- Cooking Oil – for frying
Now, let’s get down to the step-by-step process of making the perfect Bangada fish fry:
1.Clean and Marinate the Fish:
- Start by cleaning the Bangada fish thoroughly. Remove the scales, gut the fish, and wash it under running water.
- Make deep diagonal cuts on both sides of each fish piece to allow the marinade to penetrate.
- In a bowl, combine turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, salt, lemon juice, and ginger-garlic paste to create a flavorful marinade.
- Coat each fish piece generously with this marinade. Ensure the spices get into the cuts for maximum flavor. Allow the fish to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or even longer if possible, to absorb all the flavors.
2.Coat with Rice Flour:
Just before frying, sprinkle rice flour over the marinated fish pieces. This will add an extra layer of crispiness to your Bangada fish fry.
3.Heat the Oil:
In a deep frying pan or skillet, heat enough cooking oil to submerge the fish pieces. Heat the oil on medium-high until it’s hot and shimmering.
4.Fry the Fish:
- Carefully place the marinated and rice flour-coated Bangada fish pieces into the hot oil, one at a time. Be cautious to avoid splattering.
- Fry the fish for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Use a slotted spoon to gently flip the fish to ensure even cooking.
5.Drain and Serve:
Once the Bangada fish pieces are beautifully golden and crispy, remove them from the oil and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
6.Garnish and Serve:
Serve your Bangada fish fry hot, garnished with freshly chopped coriander leaves and lemon wedges for that extra burst of flavor. You can also serve it with mint chutney or your favorite dipping sauce.
Enjoying Your Bangada Fish Fry
The crispy Bangada fish fry is best enjoyed immediately, while it’s still hot and crunchy. The exterior should be perfectly crispy, while the interior remains moist and flavorful. The combination of spices and the tangy touch of lemon juice creates a harmonious flavor profile that’s both spicy and zesty.
Pair your Bangada fish fry with steamed rice, biryani, or even just a simple salad for a satisfying meal. It’s an excellent choice for gatherings, family dinners, or even as a special treat for yourself when you’re craving something indulgent.
Bangada fish fry is a delectable dish that captures the essence of coastal cuisine with its bold flavors and crispy texture. With this easy-to-follow recipe, you can recreate this culinary delight in the comfort of your own kitchen. Whether you’re a seafood aficionado or looking to explore new flavors, this Bangada fish fry is sure to impress your taste buds and leave you craving for more. So, roll up your sleeves, gather your ingredients, and get ready to savor the deliciousness of homemade Bangada fish fry. Happy cooking!